I have been tagged with this meme by Catholic Fire.
1. If you were invited to a Halloween/ All Saints Day Costume Party, which saint would you dress up as and why? (The Blessed Virgin Mary,the Mother of God, is not an option.)
This is a hard question. I would probably dress up as St. Francis of Assisi. His radical humility and love for God and creation really is very dear to me. If not him, I would chose Pope St. Pius X, who lived in the early 1900s and did marvelous things for the Church.
2. Which saint or other person would accompany you to the party?
I would ask my friends to go with me and dress up as some of my other favorite saints - St. Dominic, Padre Pio, St. Joseph, St. Vincent de Paul, etc.
3. What famous quote would help others identify you?
"True Faith cannot be found outside the Church" (Singulari Quidem and Singulari Quandem, Encyclical of Pope Pius IX)
4. Describe your costume.
I would definitely wear the black cassock with a Rosary on my side. I would probably wear sandals and definitely a biretta. I'd also wear the St. Benedict's Crucifix, which I happen to wear in real life too.
5. Which movie or film best depicts the life of this saint?
Well, I don't know of any movies on St. Pius X, and I have never seen one on the life of St. Francis of Assisi.
6. What is your favorite book written about this saint or that he or she has written?
For St. Pius X, I recommend any and all of his encyclicals. For St. Francis, I really recommend "The Lessons of St. Francis" by John Michael Talbot.
- Christ the Center of Your Life
- Argent by the Tiber
- CVSTOS FIDEI
- Epiphany of Faith
- St. Peter's Helpers
- Te Deum
- Any one else that wants to participate!