After five years of trying to promote outreach to abortion-minded (or vulnerable) parents as they enter or leave abortion facilities, I've decided to take a poll to determine the level of interest there is in seeing an increase in this particular form of pro-life activism (known to most people as sidewalk counseling).
It is my hope that we may be able to clear up any confusion some people may have about sidewalk counseling and possibly undo any damage that may have been caused by past experiences or hearsay. I also hope to determine how much support there may be in helping to promote this form of pro-life activism.
The number of people presently engaged is disappointingly very small. I continue to wonder what the reason for this is and I'm hoping that your input will help us improve the situation. My interest is in seeing a consortium of individuals engaged in this form of outreach 40+ hours per week, every week of the year, at every child-killing center in the world.
So I present to you the following questions even if you personally are unable (for whatever reasons) to become directly engaged in such activism:
- What is your opinion of this kind of outreach?
- How important do you think it is relative to other forms of pro-life activism?
- How important do you think it is relative to other forms of Christian activism?
- How would you describe it to others?
- Have you ever been engaged in it and if so, in what way and for how long?
- If you were once engaged and are no longer, why did you discontinue your involvement?
- What positive and negative impressions or experiences have you personally had or heard of from others?
- What would you like to see done differently?
- What could be done to cause you to become involved?
- From whom or where have you received most of your information about this kind of outreach?
- What is it about that source or resource that causes you to trust its information and advice?
- What are your concerns regarding this type of outreach based on your personal experiences or the testimony of others?
Sidewalk counseling is "reaching out" to mothers and fathers, who are contemplating or planning abortion, to offer them information that they have a need and right to know. It is conducted by way of conversation and literature. It is done with love and out of concern for unborn children who are in danger of being deprived of their God-given right to be born into the world and for their parents, especially mothers, who are in danger of being severely harmed in numerous ways.
Sidewalk counseling is conducted on public sidewalks outside abortion facilities on days that abortions are being committed and/or days when pre-abortion evaluations or pregnancy tests are provided.
Parents may be offered information about where to go for free pregnancy tests, counseling and practical assistance, as well as fetal development, adoption, abortion procedures, risks and side effects, and post-abortion counseling and healing.
Sidewalk counseling is about saving a child from certain death and his/her parents from certain harm, one family at a time.
Please e-mail your response to this poll to "hgpi @ prolifeamerica . com"
Thank you for your consideration and input.
Thoughts and Faith to Share
Monday, May 26, 2008
Posted by Matthew
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links on this blog are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”