CatechismClass.com and the Goldhead Group Ltd are pleased to announce that its board of directors has named Matthew as president and chief executive officer of the CatechismClass.com online education program.
Matthew has served since July of 2007 as a research and development writer and curriculum designer for the Adult Education Program. Matthew has spent much of his career involved with online education through blogs, social networking and catechesis. Matthew brings with him a past of successful internet endeavors, including an extremely popular, highly acclaimed, and award winning blog, A Catholic Life. Matthew’s attention to orthodoxy and his clarity of presentation of Church teachings make him an outstanding resource for curriculum development. Matthew’s programming capabilities and his knowledge of hi-tech internet and social marketing will help propel CatechismClass.com into greater popularity as a recognizably Catholic educational provider.
Shannon Jones, CatechismClass.com’s current CEO and president, said the Goldhead Group Ltd. Board unanimously selected Matthew based on his outstanding success with his blog, his commitment to orthodoxy, and his enthusiasm for revolutionizing catechesis for the Church. His ability to run the complex daily operations of his blog, as well as his strength of character serve as essential qualities for leading the company.
Matthew will take up his new duties on June 1. He succeeds Shannon Jones, a company veteran who has been chief executive officer since 2004. Jones will remain as the chair of CatechismClass.com's board focusing on future curriculum development.
As stated in the Enchiridion of Indulgences, there is a partial indulgence for those who take part in teaching or learning christian doctrine. I ask for you to please spread news of our products to anyone seeking informative and faithfully-Catholic material. The company is supported by several faithful Catholic bishops and has even appeared on EWTN.
Our lessons follow a 7-step format with a final test at the end of each lesson. Each lesson will guide you through the following:
- Introduction, Saint for the Day based on Liturgical Calendar, Description of the Lesson Topic
- Opening Prayer (For adults a decade of the Rosary; For children it is another prayer). Typically it is learned in both Latin and English
- Lectionary (Link to Daily Readings and mention of Scripture that concern the lesson topic)
- Catechism References (as they relate to the lesson's topic) from the CCC 2nd Edition and the Baltimore Catechism (in addition to the Catechism of the Council of Trent and Pius X Catechism)
- Lesson (Personally written section that explains and expands upon the Lectionary and Catechism in light of the Church teaching, beliefs, writing of the saints, etc)
- Closing Prayer (For adults the Divine Office; For children it is a decade of the Rosary)
I entrust the success of this project and the salvation of the souls of our customers through the intercession of our patron, St. Charles Borromeo.
Prayer to St. Charles:
O Saintly reformer, animator of spiritual renewal of priests and religious, you organized true seminaries and wrote a standard catechism. Inspire all religious teachers and authors of catechetical books. Move them to love and transmit only that which can form true followers of the Teacher who was divine. Amen.