Priests and deacons ordained at La Reja seminary for the SSPXDecember 21st (2013) was a day of great rejoicing for the seminary of Our Lady Co-Redemptrix in La Reja, Argentina. For on that date, nine deacons (a number equaled only once in her history) were ordained priests by Bishop Bernard Tissier de Mallerais:
- Fr. Aureo Mendes (Brazil)
- Fr. Fernando Rivero (Argentina)
- Fr. Pedro Roldan (Argentina)
- Fr. Jose Maria Jimenez, (Spain)
- Fr. Luis Rodriguez (Mexico)
- Fr. Jose Mota (Mexico)
- Fr. Jesus Estevez (Dominican Republic)
- Fr. Pius Nanthambwe (Zimbabwe)
- Fr. David Baquerizo (United States)
- Rev. Mr. Santiago Villanueva (Argentina)
- Rev. Mr. Timothee de Bonnafos (France)
- Rev. Mr. Fernando Moenckeberg (Chile)
- Rev. Mr. Felipe Echazu (Argentina)
Newly-ordained American, Fr. David Baquerizo (originally a parishioner at the Shrine of St. Philomena in Miami, Florida), returned home two weeks later to say a first Mass on Sunday, January 5. The prior of Sanford, Florida, Fr. Marc Vernoy, made the 5-hour trip south to be his assistant priest in the Mass, and Fr. Pierre Duverger flew in from Platte City, Missouri to preach the sermon.
Since the Mass coincided with Fr. Baquerizo's 25th birthday, the jubilant parishioners prepared a special party to honor the event.