To all involved in religious education (priests, DREs, teachers): We know you are busy. You are fighting against a wealth of issues including:
• Lack of volunteers
• Limited Time
• Lack of Parental Involvement
• Budget Cuts and Finances
• Lack of Commitment by Students
• Creating Lesson Plans
• Students with learning disabilities
Why Religious Education is in a Crisis
• Since 1970, the number of children in primary school in religious education has dropped 60%
• Since 1970, the number of secondary school students in religious education has dropped 55%
• Since 1960, the number of annual adult baptisms has fallen 68%
• Since 1975, the number of annual infant baptisms has fallen 18%
• Nearly 80 percent of cradle Catholics are no longer Catholic by the age of 23
• Only 30 percent of Americans who were raised Catholic are still practicing
• 10 percent of all adults in America are ex-Catholics
Why This Is Very Serious
• What if I told you, “Only 20% of the students that graduate from University XYZ acquire employment.” You would think that this is a worthless university. In fact, it’s accreditation should probably be re-investigated.
• Well that is exactly what’s happening in the Catholic Church in the United States. Only 20% of Catholics that go through our system later apply that faith to their lives when they reach the age of 23. The other 80% drop out!
• Religious Education has not been effectively stopping the decline in the Church. Catholics have the most ex-members out of any religious group in the United States. Why are we losing so many adherents? Why are so many ignorant to basic Catholic principles like the Real Presence? What can you do about this?
• Despite all of the issues pressing us (lack of volunteers or time or finances), we have a responsibility to God to help pass down the Faith
• It is God’s very desire that none be lost and that the Faith grow: “Now this is the will of the Father who sent me: that of all that he hath given me, I should lose nothing; but should raise it up again in the last day” (John 6:39)
Religious Education Must Improve
• Children want to learn and be challenged. The discipline in a secular classroom should carry over to religious education
• Children want to be part of something bigger than themselves. They want to feel connected and a part of something
• Now, more than ever before, we need to provide the highest quality religious education programs to our children
• And more than ever before, we must do it with the technology they are using to make it relevant and meaningful to them
• Catholics – like everyone – are relying upon modern technology conveniences, like cell phones, tablets, and computers to help them live their lives
The Solution is Here
What if there was a way to improve your parish’s religious education, reach students using their interests, and better educate both the students and the parents?
CatechismClass.com Is the Solution
CatechismClass.com uses New Media Technology in order to meet students where they are at. Founded in 2004 by Fr. James D. Zatalava of Altoona, PA, our organization has provided Sacramental Preparation and enrichment programs to adults and children for over a decade. Over 5,000 students have taken our godparent preparation program alone. CatechismClass.com operates with the singular goal of being the best online Catholic catechesis program in the world.
CatechismClass.com Offers the Best in Online Education with best-selling programs including:
• An Online GodParent Preparation Program
• A Best-Selling Adult RCIA Program
• An Equivalent Young Adult RCIA Program
• Adult Faith Formation Enrichment Programs
• Children’s Sacramental and Faith Formation Programs
Through our extensive surveys and market research, our students leave our programs knowing more on the Faith and remaining committed to the Catholic Church in the ensuing years.
We handle the planning, the material gathering, and much of the teaching. You have no more need for expensive book purchases and the evaluating and grading. All you have to do is login and you're ready to go! We don't require expensive books. Everything is done online.
As a result of our programs, it is our goal for parents, pastors and bishops to possess the capacity to educate the students in their care with the highest quality, most authentic catechetical product possible, with the ability to utilize it in the most convenient, state of the art, and fully accountable manner available.
Don’t Wait! Visit us today at CatechismClass.com and browse our course offerings today.