The Chair of Unity Octave Prayer
Ant. That they all may be one, as Thou, Father, in me and I in Thee, that they also may be one in us; that the world may believe that Thou has sent me.
℣. I say to thee, that thou art Peter,
℟. And upon this rock I will build my Church.
Let us pray
Lord Jesus Christ, Who didst say to Thine Apostles: peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you, look not upon my sins, but upon the faith of Thy Church; and vouchsafe unto Her that peace and unity which is agreeable to Thy will: Who livest and reignest God forever and ever. Amen.
Intentions of the Octave:
- 18 January, The Feast of Saint Peter's Chair at Rome: The union of all Christians in the one true faith and in the Church
- 19 January: The return of separated Eastern Christians to communion with the Holy See
- 20 January: The reconciliation of Anglicans with the Holy See
- 21 January: The reconciliation of European Protestants with the Holy See
- 22 January: That American Christians become one in union with the Chair of Peter
- 23 January: The restoration of lapsed Catholics to the sacramental life of the Church
- 24 January: That the Jewish people come into their inheritance in Jesus Christ
- 25 January, The Feast of the Conversion of Saint Paul: The missionary extension of Christ's kingdom throughout the world