This is a video of Sr. Julia of the Daughters of St. Paul, who is recommending books for Lent. With Lent only three weeks away, it's time to start thinking about Lent. Not only should we fast, abstain, and give up something during Lent, but also we should do spiritual reading.
I also must suggest a reading program I found that is set up so that participants, after the 40 days of Lent, will have read 10 Church Father's writings. See their site for more information (pdf).
In addition to the books mentioned, here is my list of recommendations. I would appreciate any suggestions to add to this list:
- The Dolorous Passion of Our Lord Jesus Christ by Blessed Anne Catherine Emmerich.
- Passion and Death of Our Lord Jesus Christ by Alban Goodier
- The Way of the Cross by Abbot Marmion
- Why the Cross? by Edward Leen
- Seven Words on the Cross by Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen