In light of this Year and as we soon approach half of it being completed, let us reflect on the extent to which we have prayed for good and holy priests. Have we prayed for holy priests to continue to persevere and fight heresy such as modernism as well as social evils such as abortion and euthanasia? Have we prayed for traditional young men to answer the call of God to serve at the Altar as a priest? Have we prayed for more priests to help spread the Mass of the Ages and the Saints - the Tridentine Latin Mass - and helped them whenever possible to do so?
Now is a fitting and appropriate time to evaluate our actions in light of this Year of the Priest. Below is a list of various posts from mine that may be useful to your spiritual growth at this time:
- World Day of Prayer for Priests (2007)
- 44th World Day of Prayer for Vocations (2007)
- Plenary Indulgences Each Month for the Year of the Priest
- Priests are to be "Witnesses of Love"
- 2 Year Anniversary of Summorum Pontificum
- Priestly Ordination of Men Alone
Image Source: Parish priest Father Salvatore Cantatore celebrating mass at Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church, Poughkeepsie, NY, US, March 1952, Photographer: Ralph Morse