Tuesday, March 14, 2006
St. Maximilian

Today we remember St. Maximilian (not Maximilian Koble). St. Maximilian was a Roman who lived from 274 to 295 AD. An account of his final words has still preserved to today. Maximilian, at 21 years old, gave his life up for the Glory of Christ.

Brought before the proconsul Dion, Maximilian refused enlistment in the Roman army saying, "I cannot serve, I cannot do evil. I am a Christian."

Dion replied: "You must serve or die."

Maximilian: "I will never serve. You can cut off my head, but I will not be a soldier of this world, for I am a soldier of Christ. My army is the army of God, and I cannot fight for this world. I tell you I am a Christian."


Dion: "There are Christian soldiers serving our rulers Diocletian and Maximian, Constantius and Galerius."

Maximilian: "That is their business. I also am a Christian, and I cannot serve."

Dion: "But what harm do soldiers do?"

Maximilian: "You know well enough."

Dion: "If you will not do your service I shall condemn you to death for contempt of the army."

Maximilian: "I shall not die. If I go from this earth my soul will live with Christ my Lord."

1 comments:

March 14, 2006 at 3:47 PM
Tito said...

Nice! posting Moneybags.

I like the 'Coca-Cola' theme to your blog by the way.

Post a Comment

Unacceptable comments include but are not limited to:

1. Insulting me or another commentor
2. Denying the existence of God
3. Insulting, mocking, or blaspheming Our Lord, the Blessed Virgin Mary, the Saints, or any holy men and women of the Church of God.
4. Posting obscene or impure images or words on this blog
5. Advertising (email such comments to me directly)
6. Writing a comment about something completely unrelated to the post you are commenting on
7. Linking to a video, article, webpage, etc. that I deem anti-Catholic or inappropriate

Note: This policy is subject to change without notice.

Please consider donating via the sidebar's secure donation button, which will help keep "A Catholic Life" in operation.

Email Subscription

Enter email address:



Notice



Copyright © 2005 – 2014 A Catholic Life. All Rights Reserved. Hosting: Dream Host